Tuesday 16 August 2011

We have the power

I am up early with the gulls in town. I leave town pretty early and yesterday was gifted with views of a stunning mother of pearl north sea shimmering in the early morning light. I wanted to take a photo, maybe to post here, but the traffic coming into town even at 6.45am was so intense that I couldn't get across the lane to park. Driving along in my gas guzzling hunk of metal I was listening to reports of the oil leak 113miles east of Aberdeen.. pretty close....pretty awful...
Its a conundrum.. what to do? Even at the stone yard I am reliant on power tools to have any hope of completing the work in less than an entire lifetime. Something to ponder on between my ear defenders today.
The tools above belong to Stuart, the mason who is removing the two chunks of stone which held the Craiglash sphere onto the lathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment