Sunday 14 August 2011

Tons of work


The Craiglash stone has been turned on the lathe and is now well on its way to being a beautiful sphere weighing in around 1 ton, if my calculations are correct. Kevin, the lathe operator who has kept a close eye on the stones as they evolved - revolved in fact, stated emphatically on Friday, that this one will be 'the best'. The markings are indeed magnificent.
Meanwhile I have been working on the Corrennie sphere- carving into the surface, and I have to say - its very physically demanding work. Today I feel I can do little apart from read and sleep as my body just needs a rest, before I go back in to the workshop tomorrow morning. I only have two more clear weeks to complete this phase of the artwork and its important that I don't burn out, as at the moment there still seems an awful lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment