Thursday 11 August 2011

Ultra Heavy......Ultra Sound

Some parents like to know the sex of the baby before its born, but I never wanted to know for sure incase I started to get too attached to ( even more!) ideas about of the baby/child/person to be. I am wondering if showing every stage of the production process may spoil some of the magic for the audience - the public- who will see the work in Oldmeldrum town square.
Am I stamping out all the mystery?
There are some artists who elect ( like Heinz ) never to reveal the their techniques- for example The Boyle Family, who have presented exact replicas of square metres of the earths surface, and its extremely difficult to work out how they have achieved the result.
So continuing with the baby metaphor, perhaps I will conceal a little for the moment.. so above we have sphere number 2 in the bag, ( minus the stork)... an ingenious solution to safely moving the ball provided by the in house masons again...and secondly a trace of dust from moving the ball across the underlay, generously donated by Berry's Store in Oldmeldrum, which I have laid on the floor to cushion the stone. I was reminded of an ultrasound image of a foetus... in this case around 10 days old.

No comments:

Post a Comment