Sunday 7 August 2011

My workspace for August

I arrived in the NE last Friday evening after a 12.5 hr drive from Cornwall ( I need my vehicle here) ready to start work on the Monday morning. The yard manager at Fyfe Glenrock kindly sorted me out a workbay, which I may have to vacate when some of the masons return from holiday, and installed the Pitcaple sphere which was the only one ready for me to work on. As I had hoped to work on the other two balls first as they have a simpler geometry to their surface design, I was unfortunately not totally prepared to begin this stone, and I had quite a struggle to resolve the maths, calling on several people for advise and suggestions, before settling on a design which is inspired , but not identical to the original Bourtie stone.


No comments:

Post a Comment