Wednesday 24 August 2011

Its history

Today the hard graft has been consigned to history as I have completed the work on the three stones- or at least as much as I feel I can do. This is a day or two earlier than I could have hoped for, and I am feeling like celebrating...and by co-incidence the occasion was marked by a visit from a few members of Oldmeldrum Heritage Society( actually I was not quite finished when they arrived at 11am).
A few photos were taken for the heritage group's archive.
Despite this exclusive preview, I am still reluctant to reveal the work in its entirety here, and think if anyone at all is actually reading this - I am sorry- you may have to wait until the installation date which might be as soon as late September. However do get in touch if your really desperate and I could pull some strings...
Was today for some reason reflecting on George Orwell's famous quote:
"Those who control the present control the past
and those who control the past control the future"

No comments:

Post a Comment