Monday 18 April 2011

Dates for the diary

Good news at todays meeting at Fyfe Glenrock. Work on the first sphere will be starting almost immediately, and I have been asked to return next Thursday 28th April, ( conveniently the same day I have to be in Inverurie to meet with the Aberdeenshire Council Arts Development Officer now supporting the project) as the manager feels confident that the initial sphere will have been roughed out. My spirits are lifted although I have my fingers crossed that the dark grey Pitcaple stone will prove to have been a good choice.
Meantime, I am also working as an artist in quite a different manner, towards opening of a participative art exhibition at the Woodend Barn Arts Centre, Banchory, entitled the redsuit project which invites people improvise with a disposable bright red coverall in a place of their choice. The show opens on May 1st: Labour Day, associated with the colour red, which I understand started out as a campaign for an 8 hour working day. It seems slightly ironic that I am still tapping away at my keyboard at 10.14pm, preparing for this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment